Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Three Factors that Grow Your Inner Self





Three Factors that Grow Your Inner Self


I live in an eco-village. My clinic is near from the village. One thing special in my eco-village
life is that all village members do meditation regularly. I do Korean Seon breathing meditation
everymorning for 2 hours before I leave for work.

I met meditation when I suffer from my daily routine. I was satisfied with my occupation.
Whenever I see patients with nasal problems, my only goal is to heal them.
Yet, the problem came by chance.

I could no longer stand my daily routine.
Everyday I wake up around 6:30, have breakfast, go to work, come home.
Of course I enjoyed my work, but there I felt something missing.

I was depressed.
Some people might say, you are a doctor, have your own clinic, your patients respect you...what's the problem?

But I was so tired of my life at that time.
Then I met meditation.
Through meditation, I newly discovered the meaning of life.
It was nothing special but plain.

**

It is said there are three factors that change your inner self.

One is ennui.
When you are suffering from ennui, then you will find many ways in order to get out of this condition. You can choose to drink, smoke or to dance, meditate, do sports.

Second factor that can change your life is agony.
When you feel pain about your life due to various reasons, you will think how I can get out of the pain. How I can remove this pain. If everything's happy and you are satisfied with it, then you will just stay where you are. In that sense, you can see the positive point of the pain.

Third factor is meeting.

Throughout your life, you will meet many different things. It can be nature, a person or a god.
Through meeting, you can exchange many things with the opposite being such as different thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment