Saturday, January 30, 2016

Eco Village Life: My Eco-Village - Seonae Ville



It's been almost 5 years since I came to Goheung, which is at the South end of Korea. I never left my home town Seoul before I came here. Seoul is the biggest city in Korea, full of sky scrapers, cars and people. In the center of Seoul, I used to run a big oriental medicine clinic center. It was doing well.

A 20 year of experience as a doctor gave me a considerable fame and money. Does it sound snobbish? Yeah, I know but let me finish my story first. At the time I moved to Goheung, the Seonae ville, I planned to open several branches in Seoul. Yet, some questions came across my mind. Why do I need more clinics? For money or fame? As I was pondering on this issue, one of my close friends from meditation center called me if I had a thought to live in an eco-village that he was building at that time. I thought it was absurd. Me? Living in an eco-village? I never thought of living in such type of village away from city. My occupation, family, clinic and all networkings are in Seoul. If I have to leave the city, that means I have to lose everything I collected throughout my entire life!

Anyway, I moved to Goheung. Now I live in the Seon village. Today I am going to give you a brief tour guide to the community.

Seonae Eco-village














Welcome to Seon Eco-Village!














This is a soap making factory in the village.
All ingredients are organic.














Soaps made in village are sold in the market. They are famous amongst women
who are interested in their skin care!














Believe it or not, in the village we have a school. This picture was taken
when they went on a trip to Laos, Vietnam and Thailand as a means of learning
different cultures!














This is my favourite place in the village. It's handi craft workshop by carpenter Seo
Here he creates different types of furniture for villagers.
















And this I proudly introduce.....our eco-toilet. You do not use water.
After you finish your work (you know what I mean?), put some sawdust onto the toilet.
Then it will become great fertilizer in a year!
















Once a week, village people work together! Today we collected wood for stoves that
will heat the houses.

No comments:

Post a Comment